Case Study - Nuvo Instrumental Ltd, Europe and Hong Kong
Nuvo Instrumental created the Clarinéo Nuvo C clarinet, a product that for the first time enables children from as young as six to play a full size, musically sophisticated, professional-sounding instrument.
- A completely new concept in an extremely conservative educational and traditional instrument market
- A completely new company with an unheard of brand
- How to win distributors' investments in this innovative but unproven new approach to wind instruments
- How to have distributors introduce and explain this new instrument successfully
- Assisted Nuvo prepare for market launch by helping them develop: -
- A product name that was distinctive yet also related to a familiar instrument family
- The brand message
- The product positioning
- Their first brochure: managing the photo shoot, providing the copy, developing the design
- Helped develop the Company's other methods of marketing the product
- Helped to define the Clarinéo's identity, differentiate the markets it served, and decide how best to introduce it to each
- Developed Nuvo's national and international pricing
- Got Nuvo their first distributors
- Clarinéo placed with well-qualified, high-calibre distributors in their home market plus more than 20 other export countries in only its first full year of trading.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars of sales
- Industry recognition achieved by winning the Music Industry Association's Best Export Innovation Award sponsored by Messe Frankfurt, presented at the MIA Annual Awards jointly hosted by NAMM in London.
"We are very happy with our choice of Trust Network. Now we have distribution in the USA, UK, Japan, New Zealand, Thailand and still counting."
Graham Lyons of Nuvo Instrumental www.nuvo-instrumental.com
High Calibre Distributors
America: St Louis Music/US Band & Instrument Supplies
Japan: Kyoritsu Corporation
Korea: Cosmos Corporation
Italy: Monzino Group
Spain: Enrique Keller